What is a dental implant?
Is an artificial tooth root that is to replace a missing tooth in the arch.The material it is made of is titanium, 100% biocompatible material. The dental implant is basically a titanium screw that is placed inside the jaw bone by special techniques to replace the missing tooth / teeth in the arch.
The dental implant is a small piece of 100% high purity titanium that replaces a missing tooth root.
It is inserted into the bone with a simple surgery and it is used to secure the missing crown, a bridge or a denture.
Implant insertion steps:
1. Review and plannin
The implant doctor makes some x-rays of the area where the implant will be placed
2. Inserting the implant
Through a simple incision on the gum, the implant is inserted into the bone, a provisional crown will cover the tooth which will allow it’s aesthetic, masticatory and vocal function restoration. The implant will need 2-6 months for bone integration, (new bone cells are formed around the implant, it becomes firmly attached to bone).
This step is performed under local anesthesia.
At DentalARIA you can choose for sleep anesthesia (analgosedative) or inhalosedative induced by the anesthesiologist.
3. Final crown
The last step is placing the definitive crown, the new crown is for life and it will allow the function restoration as a natural tooth!
4. After surgery
Implants require strict hygiene and prophylactic treatment at 6 months. Respect for rules of hygiene and prophylaxis ensure the warranty of the dental implant.
How to choose the right doctor?
DentalARIA’s specialists participates permanently to implant international courses, they are certified by the most prestigious universities in the world (New York University - School of Dentistry, University of Bern - Switzerland)
Advantages of dental implants:
- Allows replacement of missing teeth without damaging adjacent teeth, it is a modern and minimally invasive solution to edentations prosthesis.
- The implant helps to achieve a functional and an aesthetic balance, with remarkable results, improve chewing and diction function, but especially the physical appearance.
- Success rate of surgery is 97%.
- The dental implant has long lasting results, a correctly implanted and properly cleaned dental implant can have a lifespan of up to 20 years.
- Due to the diversity of models that allows a fixed prosthesis, and may give increased stability superior to classics dentures (overdenture)